Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
*AN ADOPTED RECIPE*. If you love yams as I do, you will love this combination of flavors! Enjoy!
Make and share this Baked Yams With Lime and Honey recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash the yams and place in a baking dish with the water.
- Bake until the potatoes are soft and the skins puffy, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Set aside to cool slightly (leave the oven on).
- Peel the yams and place in a medium baking dish.
- Add the honey, butter, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir and mash well with a potato masher.
- Cover with aluminum foil and return to the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until heated through.
- Sprinkle the top with sour cream and serve hot.