1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
*AN ADOPTED RECIPE*. If you love yams as I do, you will love this combination of flavors! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Wash the yams and place in a baking dish with the water.
- 3Bake until the potatoes are soft and the skins puffy, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 4Set aside to cool slightly (leave the oven on).
- 5Peel the yams and place in a medium baking dish.
- 6Add the honey, butter, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- 7Stir and mash well with a potato masher.
- 8Cover with aluminum foil and return to the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until heated through.
- 9Sprinkle the top with sour cream and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Yams With Lime and Honey
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.7
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 596.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 2.6 g