Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe arose out of the desire to make dinner using only ingredients that I had in the house at the time. It's a very filling "comfort food" kind of dish.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- mushroom stems and pieces, drained, 2 cans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) soup can water
- In a large pan over med heat, brown the ground beef, drain excess fat if necessary.
- Add the soup and water to the beef and mix well.
- Add the uncooked instant rice, stir well and allow to heat through, appr 10-15 minutes.
- Add the onion and mushrooms, cover, and allow to cook until onions start to soften, about another 15-20 mins, stirring occasionally.
I've been making this dish for years! It's great and so quick/easy to prepare. I also like to add celery and garlic. We usually season it with soy sauce once it's dished out on our plates.
Very good, fast and filling! Thanks for sharing.