I've made this dish many times. The ingredients (mainly the veggies) sometimes vary depending on what I have on hand, but it always turns out delicious.
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fat free chicken broth (can substitute with oil or vegetable broth or stock)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1 1/2-inch slices
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 6 ounces baby carrots, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup stir-fry sauce, Kikkoman's
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, lightly salted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Spray wok or large skillet, add broth and crushed garlic, heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken breast pieces and cook on medium heat for 7 minutes.
- Add onion, mushrooms, peppers, carrots, water chestnuts, bok choy (without leaves), stir-fry sauce and water. Allow to cook covered over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Prepare rice according to directions.
- Add peanuts to stir-fry mixture and cook 2-3 more minutes.
- Serve immediately over rice.