Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is a really nice way to do beans, goes great with anything, excellant flavour I promise!!
Make and share this Cold Green Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and washed
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup toasted walnuts
- fresh ground pepper
- Blanch the beans for about 3-4 mins, and put into cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a bowl mash the garlic with the salt to make a paste.
- Add the vinegar and then slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- In a bowl toss the dressing with the walnuts and beans.
- Season to taste with more salt and freshly ground pepper!! Enjoy!
This recipe is exactly what I was looking for on the 'Zaar. I had some spicy, pickled Garlic that I used in place of fresh and added a little Dijon Mustard to the Vinegar and Olive Oil. A new way to serve an ordinary vegetable !!!
I am embarrassed to say I made this, but got too busy during the barbecue and never got a chance to sample it. Others who did try this dish loved it and it disappeared. I used Trader Joe's frozen green beans since they are nice and thin (like Haricot Vert except at a fraction of the price). I recommend that anyone try this simple side dish.
What a nice change from the traditional summer salads!I added a half julienned sweet red bell pepper for color.Served in at a bbq-rave reviews. Added salt for flawor- a keeper for sure. Thank you for sharing!