1/1 Photo of Hearty Corn, Chile and Potato Soup
This is a great comfort food for those chilly evenings!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 medium onion, coarsley chopped
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add celery and onion. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 2Add water, potatoes, corn, chiles, bouillion, paprika and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover.
- 3Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 4Stir a small amount of evaporated milk into flour in a small bowl to make a smooth paste. Gradually stir in remaining milk.
- 5Stir milk mixture into soup.
- 6Cook, stirring constantly, until soup comes just to a boil and thickens slightly.
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Corn, Chile and Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.2
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.1 mg
- Sodium 770.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 6.4 g