This is a great comfort food for those chilly evenings!
Make and share this Hearty Corn, Chile and Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 medium onion, coarsley chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add celery and onion. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add water, potatoes, corn, chiles, bouillion, paprika and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir a small amount of evaporated milk into flour in a small bowl to make a smooth paste. Gradually stir in remaining milk.
- Stir milk mixture into soup.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until soup comes just to a boil and thickens slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper.