Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Cook onion, celery and carrot in 2 tablespoons broth for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender.
- Stir in remaining broth, leek and beans. Heat to boiling.
- Boil 2 minutes; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 1 to 2 hours or until beans are tender. (Add more broth during cooking if liquid does not cover beans.)
- Stir milk into soup.
- Place 1 cup of the soup in blender or food processor. Cover and blend on high speed about 30 seconds or until uniform consistency.
- Stir blended mixture into remaining soup mixture. Stir in cheese until melted.