Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is such a beautiful, colorful dish. It also tastes great and is good for you.
Make and share this Olivia's Garlic Spinach Sauté recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped Spanish onion
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons blanched slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup diced tomato (fresh or canned)
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions an sauté for 5 minutes or until soft and beginning to brown.
- Add the garlic and almonds; sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook to heat through, about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and sauté until just beginning to wilt, about 1 minute.
- Immediately stir in cheese until melted.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5 Stars, this is my favorite spinach recipe as of today! I used 8 teaspoons of chopped garlic (enough to clear out the end of a cold!), the tomatoes woke up the taste, the almonds added a mellow crunch, and the parmesan cheese added to the "yum" factor. We used to drive to Sabatino's in Little Italy in downtown Baltimore MD to have "Spinach a la Ralph"; this recipe reminds me of that dish. Maybe this recipe could serve 4 vegetable-shy people, but DH and I would fight over this amount of sauteed spinach. Served with Potato Purée With Hazelnut Oil #330028 and spicy fried chicken, a yummy dinner. Thanks for posting this winner! Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
Very good. Love the addition of the almonds. Increased the garlic and tomato a good deal. Will make again.
This is fabulous! I am a huge fan of spinach and ate nearly the whole batch myself. The almonds add a nice crunch, the tomato a beautiful color, and the parmesan a nice kick. Thanks for postin!