Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a popular drink from Uganda using pineapples, their major crop. It is made using cream or coconut milk and reminds me of the Caribbean. Recipe was adapted from The African Cookbook by Bea Sandler.
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, very ripe and cut in small pieces
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 6 ounces white rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed ice
- mint sprig, garnish
- maraschino cherry, garnish
- Blend until smooth and thick.
- Serve with mint and a maraschino cherry in whiskey-sour glasses.
Very nice alcoholic shake. Everything is in right proportion.
This is so good. Very delicious. I reduced the sugar to 2 tablespoons but kept the rest of the recipe as written. EXCELLENT drink.
loved this drink although I will reduce the sugar next time, thanks for sharing diner!