96 hrs 30 mins
Pierre Dance's Note:
I've done this recipe using Pork Steak, Chicken legs and thighs, ground Beef, Italian Sausage, Kielbasa, Bratwurst and I'm sure several other meats I have forgotten. It's good no matter how you make it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 pork chops, trimmed of fat
- 2 white onions, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno chile, seeded, veined, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups basmati rice, uncooked
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1Brown pork chops in olive oil, remove and set aside.
- 2Add rice, onion, celery, and chilies to the pan; sauté (stir-fry) for 2 minutes.
- 3Add garlic sauté another 2 minutes.
- 4Add 1 cup stock to pan, scrape to deglaze.
- 5Pour onion/rice mixture into the crock pot.
- 6Add the 2 cans of soup add remaining 4 cups of stock to the crock pot; mix well.
- 7Place the pork chops on the onion/rice.
- 8Cook on high for 1 hour, then on low for 3 hours.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops and Rice (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (622 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 796.8
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 148.9 mg
- Sodium 1031.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 53.2 g