Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from a Rachael Ray recipe.
Make and share this Tomato Basil Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 20 leaves fresh basil, torn or coarsely chopped
- Heat olive oil in a heavy-bottomed soup pot. Saute onion until soft and translucent, 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, 1 minute. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, broth, dried basil, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook 10 minutes. Stir in fresh basil and serve with garlic toasts.
thanks for a good and easy recipe! <br/><br/>to make it less intense and sour I decreased tomatos, increased broth, and added some sugar; it worked nicely.
So clean and simple - what a lovely recipe. Thank you for sharing. I only had diced tomatoes on hand so I did hit it with the immersion blender in the end and it was creamy and perfect.
REALLY great recipe!!! Just what I was looking for. :)
The only thing I added was a little milk to make it more creamy......also processed it in a blender to make it really smooth.
Thanks for sharing!!!