1/8 Photos of Tomato Salad - Domates Salatasi
Chef floWer's Note:
This salad goes well with most Turkish meals, particularly in summer when tomatoes are at their best. You can arrange the salad any way you like, I have listed the way I prefer to arrange the salad. If you wish to peel the tomatoes and cucumber you may however it is not necessary. You can make this salad one hour before serving. Original recipe comes from a book called "Turkish Cookbook" by Tess Mallos
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium tomatoes, firm and thinly sliced
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup black olives, drained (less olives if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1Arrange thinly sliced tomatoes on the outside of the platter.
- 2Pierce thinly sliced cucumbers with fork few times each and arrange in the middle of platter (inside the circle of tomatoes).
- 3Beat together dressings (olive oil, lemon juice, white vinegar, parsley, mint, salt and pepper).
- 4Pour over the salad, then cover with cling wrap and refrigerate until salad is required.
- 5Just before serving the salad, place olives on top, in between the row of tomatoes and cucumber.
- 6Then garnish with parsley springs.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Salad - Domates Salatasi
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.5
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 89.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g