1/1 Photo of Vegan Vegetable Pot Pie
1 hr 25 mins
Comfort food at its finest! I made this up in the fall of 2006 and it was my favorite thing to make all winter long. Goes great with "Slop", which is what I call a mixture of mashed potatoes, stuffing and canned green beans. This is high carb heaven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the crust
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose white flour
- 3/4 cup wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 -2 cup warm water
For the filling
- 1In a large bowl, combine all of the dried ingredients for the crust.
- 2Stir with a fork while slowly drizzling in the olive oil.
- 3Then, ¼-½ c at a time, pour in the water and knead by hand until you get a firm, moist dough.
- 4Form into a ball, set it in a bowl and chill it in the refrigerator.
- 5While the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bring the broth to a boil in a saucepan.
- 6Turn the heat to medium-low and slowly sift in the flour while whisking the broth.
- 7When the last of the flour is in, the broth should be much thicker.
- 8Turn off the heat and set aside.
- 9Take the dough out of the refrigerator and lightly dust the work surface with flour.
- 10Split the dough in half (slightly bigger chunk for the bottom crust).
- 11Roll out the dough until it's 2-3 inches wider than the pie plate.
- 12Lightly coat the plate in oil and dust with flour.
- 13Lay the crust in the plate and make sure it is evenly covering the plate.
- 14Put the frozen vegetables into the pie in an even layer.
- 15Cover with the gravy and sprinkle with the seasonings.
- 16Roll out the rest of the dough and cover the pie.
- 17Trim off the excess crust and seal shut by pressing with a fork all the way around the edge.
- 18Make a few puncture holes in the top of the crust to vent any steam.
- 19Place the pie in the oven for 40 minutes, or until the edges are brown and the top is dry.
- 20Let cool for at least ten to fifteen minutes before cutting. This will allow the gravy to thicken up a bit.
- 21Cut into the pie and check. If the gravy is still pretty thin and soupy, let it cool for a while longer.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Vegetable Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.6
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 625.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: